Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
We are seeking hardworking, dedicated individuals to join our team and be trained to service a portable restroom route in our Fresno Ca location immediately. We are a very stable and growing company. The requirements after trained are a Class C Commercial License with a Tanker Endorsement. We are willing to train the right candidate. Clean DMV with a California License is required along with the passing of a background investigation and pre-employment physical. Class A or B preferred.
KNIGHT’S PUMPING AND PORTABLE SERVICES, INC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION JOB DESCRIPTION
- Position Title: Route Service Technician
- Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
- Department: Portable Restroom Division
- Responsible to: Supervisor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for operating a company service truck and driving to various locations to service/pump/clean portable restrooms or holding tanks.
Shift/Hours: Monday - Friday; Weekends as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Conduct daily pre-shift & post-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Also, report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Operations Supervisor/Manager.
- Operate service truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Service portable restrooms, holding tanks, sinks, showers, etc., at various work sites by following the Company’s servicing guidelines.
- Restock paper products, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. in units being serviced.
- Clean interior and exterior of units and add chemical solution to portable restroom units.
- Maintains truck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Class CDL A or B; or minimum 1 year truck driving experience if Commercial Class C with tanker endorsement; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver License (Class CDL A or B with endorsement or Commercial Class C with tanker endorsement).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk, sometimes long distances. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally also stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move between 50 pounds and 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position requires employee to travel regularly to off site work locations and as such use of vehicle will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
ROUTE DRIVER/PORTABLE TOILETS - Commercial Class C, B or A
Tracy, CA • Full-time • Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour